AirMark® is a durable preformed thermoplastic pavement marking material for airside use at Part 139 and GA Airports. Whether the need is for linear delineation or horizontal surface signage, AirMark® is best suited for markings such as taxiway, hold position, geographic position, vehicle roadway, aprons, ramps, and at aircraft parking and tie downs.
Supplied in rolls at 65-mil thickness, the interconnected colors and shapes of AirMark®material is ready to be positioned onto the concrete or asphalt pavement surface. This unique feature translates into significant application time savings. Installation requires AirMark®Sealer, a large heater and a propane heat torch. Retroreflective glass beads are intermixed throughout the material so that as the marking wears new beads are exposed for retained retroreflectivity. The area can be reopened to traffic within 15 minutes after application. Removal is simple with waterblasting. AirMark® is only installed by AirMark® Certified Applicators. Straight Stripe Painting Inc.® is a Certified Applicator.
Features & Benefits:
- Durable preformed thermoplastic pavement marking material for airfield use
- Used for taxiway, hold position, geographic position, vehicle roadway, aprons, ramps, aircraft parking and tie downs
- Applies to bituminous pavement surfaces and portland cement concrete (including green concrete)
- Supplied in roll form for convenient, time-saving application especially for multi-colored surface signage
- 65-mil thickness
- Available in FAA-compliant colors including white, yellow, red, black as well as other colors
- Easy to apply with Auto IR infrared heater
- Indents in surface provide a visual cue for proper application
- Requires AirMark Sealer for all applications
- Resistant to aviation fuels, motor fuels, lubricants, and de-icers
- Long-lasting color pigments are organic and contain no heavy metals
- Made at ISO 9001:2008 certified facility
- Removes easily with waterblasting